This article will show you which information is necessary to sign up and how to complete the form.
- The form depicted in this article is the most basic version; it is customizable for customers. What you see on your community public sign-up form may vary.
- For the weather alerts selected, you will receive advanced notification of weather events with targeted alerts to your email and/or SMS-enabled phone if your location is included in the designated area.
- Navigate to your community public sign-up form
Note: The URLs for community public sign-up forms are unique to each municipality. Follow the directions in the Find Your Public Sign-Up Form URL article to find your unique public sign-up URL.
- Click the green rectangular Sign Up button within the Sign up for Notifications section
- Fill out the Sign-Up form
- First Name (required): Subscriber's first name
- Last Name (required): Subscriber's last name
- Email Address (required): Subscriber's email address
- Cell Phone (required): Subscriber's main cell phone number
- Cell Phone 2/Pager: Subscriber's secondary cell phone number or pager number if applicable
- Home Phone: Subscriber's home phone number if applicable
- Work Phone: Subscriber's work phone number if applicable
- Current location (required): Subscriber's general location or chosen location
Note: A location must be selected in order to continue.
- Select the preferred written and spoken languages
Note: See the Language Translations article for the fill lists of available written and spoken languages.
- Select the desired alerts
Note: For those weather alerts selected you will receive advanced notification of weather events with targeted alerts to your email and/or SMS-enabled phone if your location is included in the designated area.
- Click the green rectangular Sign Me Up button below the "I'm not a robot" box
- You will see a "You have successfully signed up for notifications" message
- Respond to the text or email sent to you to confirm your subscription and activate your profile