Groups are used to organize members into their appropriate messaging groups. Administrators can create as many groups as needed and can categorize groups based on any number of unique criteria. Internal groups are only available for communication within CivicReady (now our Mass Notification system), and users are assigned to them by an administrator. This article will show you how to edit an internal group.
- Users should not be added to parent groups.
- Sign in to the system if you have not already
- Navigate to Resources > Manage Directories
- Click Internal Groups
- Locate and select the group you would like to edit
- Edit any necessary Basic Information fields
- View Groups: Click to exit the Basic Information screen and return to the Internal or Public Groups list, depending on the type of group you have selected.
- View Ungrouped Members: Click to exit the Basic Information screen and view a list of all system members that have not yet been added to a group.
- Classification: Ensure that 'Internal' is selected for this field; internal groups are only available for communication within the system and users are assigned to them by an administrator.
- Parent: Select the parent group the child group should be placed under.
- Group Name: The title of the group.
- Full Path: This field auto-fills with the fully qualified name of the group, a unique name that indicates the group's nesting structure.
- Added On: This field auto-populates with the date the group was created; some records also display the username of the person who created the group.
- Notes: A short, descriptive phrase for the group.
- Add New Child Group: Click to add a child group that will be nested under this group.
- Print Group Members: Click to print a list of the members in the current group.
- Export Group Members: Click to export a list of the members in the current group.
- Delete Group Members from System: Click to delete members of this group from the system.
- Group Internal Members: View internal members of this group in this section of the form.
- Add Members: Click to select and add members to the group.
- Child Groups: View child groups of this group in this section of the form.
- Add Existing Group as a Linked Child: Click to add an existing group as a linked child for this group.
- Click Submit
- The internal group has been edited