Groups are used to organize members into their appropriate messaging groups. Administrators can create as many groups as needed and can categorize groups based on any number of unique criteria. Internal groups are only available for communication within CivicReady (now our Mass Notification system), and users are assigned to them by an administrator. This article will show you how to add an internal group.
- Sign in to the system if you have not already
- Navigate to Resources > Manage Directories
- Click Internal Groups
- Click Add Group
- Fill in the Basic Information fields
- View Groups: Click to exit the Basic Information screen and return to the Internal or Public Groups list, depending on the type of group you have selected.
- View Ungrouped Members: Click to exit the Basic Information screen and view a list of all system members that have not yet been added to a group.
- Classification: Ensure that 'Internal' is selected for this field; internal groups are only available for communication within the system and users are assigned to them by an administrator.
- Parent: Select the parent group this child group should be placed under
- Group Name: Enter the title of the group
- Notes: Add a short, descriptive phrase for the group, if desired
- Click Submit
- The internal group has been added to the system