Groups are used to organize members into their appropriate messaging groups. Administrators can create as many groups as needed and can categorize groups based on any number of unique criteria. Public groups are available for public communication and allow users to manage their own group membership. This article will show you how to add a public group.
- Sign in to the system if you have not already
- Navigate to Resources > Manage Directories
- Click Public Groups
- Click Add Group
- Fill in the Basic Information fields
- View Groups: Click to exit the Basic Information screen and return to the Internal or Public Groups list, depending on the type of group you have selected.
- View Ungrouped Members: Click to exit the Basic Information screen and view a list of all system members that have not yet been added to a group.
- Classification: Ensure that 'Public' is selected for this field.
- Visible Public User Form?: Check this checkbox to ensure that this group is visible for people to sign up for on the public sign-up page.
- Default Public Group (not depicted; only appears if Visible Public User Form? checkbox is checked): Check this checkbox to automatically add all new users to this group when they create a profile.
- Parent: Select the parent group this child group should be placed under
- Group Name: Enter the title of the group
- Notes: Add a short, descriptive phrase for the group, if desired; notes are details for the public sign-up page.
- Assign Group Keyword(s): View and change the assigned keywords for this group in this section of the form
- Available Keywords: Select keywords that can be assigned to this group
- Assigned Keywords: View keywords that have been assigned to this group
- Click Submit
- The public group has been added to the system