Groups are used to organize members into their appropriate messaging groups. Administrators can create as many groups as needed and can categorize groups based on any number of unique criteria. Public groups are available for public communication and allow users to manage their own group membership. This article will show you how to add a public group.
For customers with split directory permission: For administrators with the ability to manage contacts, the Public Groups menu item is restricted to administrators who are authorized to send alerts to public contacts.
- Sign in to the system if you have not already
- Navigate to Resources, then select the Manage Directories option
- Click the Public Groups option
- Click the Add Group button
- Fill in the group fields
Select Parent Group: If applicable, choose a parent group this child group should be placed under
- Classification: Ensure that 'Public' is selected for this field
- Show on Public Signup: Toggle on to ensure that this group is visible for people to sign up for on the public sign-up page
- Default Public Group: If you toggled on the Show on Public signup option, you can choose to have the group selected by default when public users create a profile
- Group Name: Enter the title of the group
- Group Description: Add a short description for the group that will show on the public sign-up page
- Select Parent Group: If applicable, choose a parent group this child group should be placed under
- Click the Save Changes button in the top right corner
- The public group has been added to the system