This article covers how to create and test custom pronunciation rules for text-to-speech voice calls.
As part of text-to-speech best practices, if there are common words that might be mispronounced in your area, make sure to add those words to the Pronunciation Table so that when a word is typed correctly, text to speech will convert it and say it correctly.
Acronyms can also be added, URLs, Codes, Letters, numbers, times.
- Scroll down to settings and click on Manage Custom Pronunciation.
- Click Create New Phonetic Spelling Record.
- Type the acronym, word, or number, and then the phonetic spelling, or the words you would want it to say for an acronym.
- Click Submit
- If you want to test that the word sounds correct for text to speech, use the preview message function to send yourself a phone call using our telephony to make sure it sounds right.
- If it does not quite sound correct, click on the word/item you want to edit, change the phonetics, and try again.