Who can use this feature?
Geo-Fencing monitors an AlertMe user's location and notifies them based on user preferences. It is a separate post type that allows users to leverage the location services of network recipients to notify users when they enter or leave a designated geographic area.
This article will show you how to create a New Post with Geo-Fencing.
- A user creating a GeoFence will have access to participating AlertMe Users(device location) as well as CivicReady users with saved addresses.
- Senders can customize entry and exit messages for users entering/exiting the targeted geo-location.
- Users inside upon activation can be notified as well. Senders can set the duration of the Geo-Fence in minutes, hours, and days.
- You can update GeoFences during an event.
- A user can create a GeoFencing post and notify users via the following methods: Email, Text/SMS, Call (TTS,) AlertMe (PN).
- Navigate to New Post > New Geofencing Post
- Choose Post Method(s)
- Email: Will send an email
- Text/SMS: Will send a text message
- Call (TTS (text-to-voice)/Voice): Will send a pre-recorded call
- AlertMe App (Push): Automatically selected
- Add Recipients information
- Send to all members in Network: Choose to send your message to all members within your Network
- Select Regroup Locations: (Optional) Choose a location
- Groups: (Optional) Choose group(s)
- Note: You can click Select All to send to all groups.
- Note: You must either choose a Location or Groups.
- Select your Geofencing region from map: Click Choose
- Radius: Generate a [ ] mile radius around a point
- Circle: Draw your circle to determine the area
- Clear Map: Clear your map and start over
- Toggle Layers: Choose how to display the map
- Save: Click Save to confirm your area and return to the New Post screen
- Send to members with addresses in map: Choose to send to all members with addresses within your map
- Duration for geo-fence monitoring: Choose how many days/minutes/hours to monitor
- Send messages upon following events: Choose how and when to send messages (upon entering, upon leaving, or both)
- Send "Enter Message" to members already inside geo-fence when activated: Click to activate the "Enter Message"
- Add Compose Message information
- Enter / Exit Message: Create a message for one or both, depending on how you want to send messages
- Subject: Create a subject heading
- Body: Add your message
- Same as Email Message: Click to automatically fill the Text (Push) Message with the same content as your Body email message.
- Text (Push Message): Create your SMS message
- Click Post