Our Multilingual Translation feature enables you to send a single notification and have it auto-translate into a variety of languages automatically based on your recipient's preferred settings.
Your recipients can easily select their preferred language in their CivicReady account settings. You will still compose and send messages the exact same way, but you will be able to check a box to enable translations for posts. When selected, day-to-day messages and critical alerts will be delivered in your recipient’s preferred language. We recommend keeping your translated posts short and to the point to make the translations as clear as possible in every language.
By default, the CivicReady platform is in English, but you can utilize the system to send messages in other languages. Just type your content in the preferred language, as long as the language uses Roman characters.
- Text to speech (TTS) and text message (SMS/TXT) support all accents and all languages.
- If you plan to send a multi-language message, we recommend you break it down into separate messages to ensure perfect pronunciation from TTS.
- Email and SMS in other character sets (for example, Mandarin and Japanese) are not currently possible.
- You may record voice messages in any language.
- If your administrators do not speak English and need a non-English site to post messages, we can customize the site to be in another language at an additional cost.
- We recommend you create templates in other languages so that in an emergency, they are ready to reach your entire population.
Open the dropdown to view a list of Supported Languages.
Note: The languages listed below are only valid for Multilingual Translation (SMS and Email) and not the general User Interface.
- Bosnian (Latin)
- Cantonese (Traditional)
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
- Haitian Creole
- Hmong Daw
- Queretaro Otomi
- Serbian (Cyrillic)
- Serbian (Latin)
- Yucatec Maya