In order to send notifications to IPAWS, you need to sign a Memorandum of Agreement with FEMA. If your potential client does not have this step in place, you can point them in the right direction for completing this requirement.
- Obtain an IPAWS-compatible alerting tool
- Complete a Memorandum of Agreement
- Fill out the MOA Application
- FEMA will create an MOA for you to sign
- With a signed MOA, FEMA will set up your COG and create your PKI certificate (to install in your alerting tool)
- Complete the Public Alerting Application
- Coordinate with the state and obtain the signature
- Complete IPAWS web-based training
- With a signed Public Alerting Application and training certificate, FEMA will enable your alerting permissions and you will be able to complete the sign-up process.