Who can use this feature?
Anyone can text-in to join a group, instead of having to register via a web embed or a database integration option. This article will show you how to configure text-in for your citizens to join a group with a unique keyword.
- Navigate to Groups
- Click on the group name you would like to allow people to sign up using a keyword
- Navigate to Settings
- Under Text Settings, type what the keyword will be
- Note: The keyword is a single word and must be unique for each group.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Save
For the user
- In your phone, enter 30890 as the phone number you want to send a text to, and enter the word join and the keyword, with a space in between: join + space + keyword.
- Please see our article to see how to create and/or customize a Text to Join Flyer.