This article will show you how to add a voice recording to your message directly from the Send Alert Form.
- The Voice Recording feature is only available for messages that include Voice as a delivery method. For alerts to the public, Voice should only be selected as a delivery method for emergencies. Sending voice messages to the public as non-emergency calls may violate Federal Communications Commission (FCC) guidance. For more information on best practices for alerting the public, view the Public Alerts Best Practices article.
- Voice messages should not exceed 30 seconds to 1 minute in length.
- Sign in to the Mass Notification system if you have not already
- Navigate to Communication, then select Send Alert
- Begin the process of sending an alert
- When you get to the Delivery Method section, select all of the desired delivery methods for the alert
- Mobile App: The CivicReady app
- myAlerts App: The public MyAlerts app
- Email: Email address
Text Message: Text/SMS message
- Primary Mobile Phone: Primary mobile/cell phone number
- Secondary Mobile Phone: Secondary or backup mobile/cell phone number
Voice: Voice call
- Cell Phone: Cell phone number
- Business Phone: Business phone number
- Home Phone: Home phone number
- Fax: Fax message
Emergency Telephone Notification: Data imports from white and yellow page phone numbers
Note: Emergency Telephone Notification can only be used for true emergencies as it is not sent to "subscribed" users only.
- Ensure that you toggle the Voice setting to Enable if it is not already selected
- Check the checkbox(es) next to the phone type(s) you wish to receive the audio message, if you have not already
- Cell Phone: Send the voice alert to selected recipients who have provided a cell phone number
- Business Phone: Send the voice alert to selected recipients who have provided a business phone number
- Home Phone: Send the voice alert to selected recipients who have provided a home phone number
- Scroll down to the Message Customization section and select Voice
- Click Record Voice
- Click Start Recording on the Record a New Audio File pop-up to begin recording your message
Note: If your browser prompts you for microphone permissions, click Allow so the recording will work.
- Click Stop Recording when you're ready to end your recording
Note: Voice messages should not exceed 30 seconds to 1 minute in length.
- Edit the File name of the recording, if desired
- Click Save to add your recording to the Alert Form or click Record Again to re-record
- Once your audio message is saved, it will be added to the alert form
Note: Click Clear to remove the recording from the Alert Form, if necessary.
- Continue filling out the Send Alert form as desired
Note: To locate saved voice recordings, navigate to Settings, then select Manage Files. Voice recordings that have not been deleted will appear in the Current Files list.