The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has put together great resources for questions regarding messaging and implementation for the Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS). This article will provide links to some of those resources.
- All of the links in this article will open in a new tab outside of our Help Center.
- FEMA Case Study Library
- IPAWS Program Planning Toolkit for Alerting Authorities
- IPAWS Tips
- Every month the IPAWS Program Office will distribute a "tip" to emergency managers and software vendors. The tips will cover a wide range of topics, including best practices, recommendations, and current issues. After distribution, they are posted here.
- Planning Guides
- Online IPAWS Training
- IPAWS Required and Optional Classes for those who will be initiating alerts
- State and Local Wireless Emergency Alerts Tests
- IPAWS Alerting Best Practices (PDF)