This article will explain how to create a secure chat using the CivicReady, now CivicPlus’ Mass Notification system, mobile app.
- Ensure you are logged into the CivicReady app
- Tap the drawer menu
- Select Secure Chat
- Tap the chat bubble icon in the top right
- Select the desired number of participants
Note: If you select the Up to 300 option, participants will not receive read receipts or notifications.
- Up to 100: Select this option if the intended number of chat participants is 100 or less
- Up to 300: Select this option if the intended number of chat participants is 300 or less
- Enter a name for the chat in the Chat Name field
- Tap Select Participants
- Select a Chat Participant source
- Groups View: Tap this option to choose participants by group
- Contacts List: Tap this option to choose individual participants
- Select the circle next to the group(s) or contact(s) that you would like to add to the alert
Note: To see users within a group, navigate through the group structure to preview and select individuals within the list of members.
- Tap Done
- Tap Create
- Start messaging
Note: Users can tap the plus (+) icon to share their location, images, and videos.