This article will review the integrations available with CivicReady, now our Mass Notification system.
A webhook is an - based callback function that provides event-driven communication between our Mass Notification system and your system. Webhooks are a good choice when you would like your system to be triggered by a Mass Notification event. For example, when an alert is sent or when a user responds to a poll.
- Webhooks only share data in one direction; from our Mass Notification system to the subscribing system.
- Your system must be able to accept incoming HTTP requests.
- Your system must be able to use one of the security options to verify that our Mass Notification system is the source of the event.
The Mass Notification system is powered by Konexus. Please refer to the WebHook Integration guide in the Konexus Help Center to get started.
Mass Notification System API (Application Programming Interface)
The Mass Notification system/Konexus API enables two-way communication between your system and the Mass Notification system. The API supports complex integrations that are initiated from your system through requests. The API is a good choice when you would like your system to create, read, update, or delete entities in the Mass Notification/Konexus system. For example, the API can be used to activate a task list or download a history of the incident reports recently created.
- Your system initiates the integration by sending a request to the API.
- Supports the (see the OpenAPI Specification article on Wikipedia for more information).
- Your system must allow outgoing HTTP requests to the Mass Notification system API.
- An API key is required to get access to the API.
The Mass Notification system is powered by Konexus. Please refer to the Konexus (AlertSense) developers' portal for the API specification.