Who can use this feature?
You can choose who has access to email-in a message to a group, or shut the service off, from the Custom Email Options on the Group Settings page. The email-in feature gives you the ability to send an email to post a message to one or multiple groups. The email must be sent from an authorized email addressed that is registered in the CivicReady database, and have administrative privileges to post to the groups.
- Navigate to Groups
- Select the group you want to modify
- Find the group email address
- Click Settings
- Configure email settings
- Scroll to Custom Email Options and choose an Email Restrictions option
- Restricted email-in access: Allows only users who are in your network email-in to groups
- Unrestricted email-in access: Allows users who do not belong to your CivicReady network to post a message to the group, as long as they have the email address for the group
- Note: This can be useful for community outreach notifications and for emergency response coordination.
- Disable this feature: Disables the ability to email-in a notification to the group completely
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save