Who can use this feature?
Creating and adding members to groups gives you the ability to direct your message to a specific audience.
CivicReady allows you to create as many groups you need with no limits, so that you can reach every person you need to.
Note: You can also create groups with CSV files or APIs.
- Navigate to Groups
- Select Create Group
- Fill in each field
- Group Name: Type in a Group Name that you would like to use
- Location: Select a location
- Category: Choose a category for your group
- Description: Provide a brief description of the group's purpose
- Group Type:
- Announcements Only: Only Group or Network Administrators are able to post to this group type
- Open Discussion: Any member of the group can post and respond to messages in the group
- Post Approval: Requires all posts to pass through admin approval
- Public: Anyone that has access to the Group page can see this group and join it without any type of permission necessary
- Private: Visible on the main Group page as well, but you must request permission to join this group
- Secret: Hidden from the Main Group page unless you are a network administrator or one of the specific groups admin of this group, or already a group member
- Click Create Group at the bottom of the page
- Note: Once you create a group, you have many other custom settings that can be set. You would simply go to Group Settings and you will see these options.