The email-in feature gives you the ability to send an email to post a message to one or multiple groups.
Each group has a unique email address that can be found on the groups home page directly under the group name at the top of the page. This is why you cannot change the group name after initial creation.
The email must be sent from an authorized email address in the CivicReady database and have administrative privileges to post to the groups. Make sure you have the group set to the type of media you would like to post to via email-in option.
- Navigate to Groups
- Select desired group
- Click Settings
- Scroll to Email Settings
- Choose desired settings:
- Send as TTS: All emails will post as calls as well (text-to-speech).
- SMS/Text: All emails post as text messages as well (SMS).
- Push Notifications: All emails sent will post in the CivicReady Alert Manager App.
- Facebook Post: All emails will post on Facebook profiles or pages.
- Alertus Alert: Emails will also send to the Alertus server.
- Select Custom Email Options - Email Restrictions underneath Email Settings
- Restricted email in access: This option allows users who are in the CivicReady database to email into groups based on the group's privacy settings.
- Unrestricted email in access: This option allows users who are not in the CivicReady database to email into public groups freely with the exception of announcement only groups. If you would like administrators approval for email-in posts (or any other post), check the box below that you can find on the group settings page:
- Disable this feature: This option disables the ability to email into the group via the group email address completely.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page