Who can use this feature?
The Email-In feature gives you the ability to send an email to post a message to one or multiple groups. Each group has a unique email address that can be found on the groups home page.
- Navigate to Groups
- Select desired group
- Click Settings
- Scroll to Email Settings
- Choose desired settings:
- Send as TTS: All emails will post as calls as well (text-to-speech)
- SMS/Text: All emails post as text messages as well (SMS)
- Push Notifications: All emails sent will post in the CivicReady Alert Manager App
- Facebook Post: All emails will post on Facebook profiles or pages
- Alertus Alert: Emails sent to this group by authorized addresses will also be sent to the Alertus server
- Under Custom Email Options > Email Restrictions, select a restriction option
- Restricted email in access: Allows users who are in the CivicReady database to email into groups based on the group's privacy settings
- Unrestricted email in access: Allows users who are not in the CivicReady database to email into public groups freely with the exception of announcement only groups
- Note: If you would like administrators approval for email-in posts (or any other post), check Disable this feature.
- Disable this feature: Disables the ability to email into the group via the group email address completely
- Click Save at the bottom of the page