In CivicReady, you can conduct polls and surveys to capture user responses for both critical and non-critical notifications.
Note: There is no opportunity to modify or edit polls after they send. You must send out a new poll if you need to make any modifications.
- Click New Post > New Poll
- Fill out fields
- Select Regroup Locations: Choose a CivicReady location from the drop-down
- Select Group: Choose a CivicReady group from the drop-down
- Sender: Enter a telephone number to display as the outgoing caller ID
- Note: You must include "1" before the area code and the telephone number.
- Question: Enter initial question to ask recipients
- Main Menu: Input potential answers
- Note: You can have up to 5 menus with 3 questions within each one.
- Select Type:
- Note: To add another question to a Main Menu, click Add More. Click Remove to delete a question, but not the entire Menu.
- Record: Allows the recipients to record a voice response
- KeyPress: Allows the recipients to key-in their response
- SingleKey: Allows the recipients' response to associate with a specific key
- Yes-No: Allows the response to automatically default to "Press 1 for Yes, press 2 for No"
- Hangup: Make a statement to end the menu and hang up right after the statement completes
- Note: For more information on how you can add this feature to your network please contact CivicReady support.
- Note: This is especially useful for Yes-No responses.
- Example: If the recipient responds with a "Yes", the call will continue with the following questions in that menu. If the recipient responds with a "No" the call will automatically continue to the second menu. In order to prevent the respondents of "Yes" to hear the second menu, you must select hangup the call after the first menu.
- Note: After the recipient enters the response, they must press pound (#) to complete the response.
- Click Add another menu to attach more questions
- Click Remove menu to delete the entire menu
- Click Send Voice Poll